Sunday, February 8, 2009

Oh Calcutta !











This year I took the plunge....a fortnight of bliss in my home town...well I don't live here or work here...still for some sentimental reason this is my home town, okay I was born in this city and lived here till I had to flee the nest.
I came back and decided to visit the city, showcase it for my friends who have heard about the city, some have even called the "black hole"....or some graciously say..."it grows on you". I am not sure.
I am not young, Calcutta or few people call it by the new name Kolkata...I cannot think of calling it by the latter, has made me see and experience her through a fresh set of eyes. Suddenly I am a tourist, or a resident...I for a second was'nt sure which hat I was wearing. The city had a new touch and feel to her....it enveloped me as soon as I entered, a sensory overload and stayed on till I left quite satiated.
I have posted a few frames of a somewhat cliched image of Calcutta. Will add more soon. Take care...see you in Calcutta soon.

No comments: